For our April Sassy Holiday, we’re celebrating the changing season, relishing the hint of cool in the air, looking forward to shorter days and cozy fires… Ahhh, who doesn’t love Fall? Especially after a long, hot summer, when all a fiber crafter wants to do is curl up on the couch under a hand-made blanket and make, make, make. Our Sassy colorway, Pumpkin Spice Latte, is just the colorway your fall-craving self needs… what? What’s that you say? We are heading toward Spring, not Fall? Well…
We hope you enjoy this decidedly UN-Autumnal color, Pumpkin Spice Latte, and giggle to yourself while crafting with it. Good luck trying to get your hands on an actual Pumpkin Spice Latte, however, since we are MONTHS away from enjoying those once more.
To make your own Pumpkin Spice Latte at home, gather and mix together the following:
- 1 cup milk, either cow’s, coconut, almond, macadamia, or other
- 1 TBSP canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (or ½ tsp cinnamon and a sprinkle each of cloves and nutmeg)
- ¼ cup strong coffee or espresso
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup or to taste
Blend until smooth, then heat in a saucepan, stirring often. Pour into your favorite mug and add whipped cream or coconut cream to the top. Enjoy and pretend it’s fall, y’all.